Half-Tears

Why do I need a sad song?
Why do I need a sad movie?
Why deregulate me
when I was trying to let it all out? 

Was it my personality trait?
My detached domain?
Or something handed to me,
little by little, in my upbringing?

Why not teach us to be happy?
Why scold or hit when we’re about to cry?
Why train us to be “strong”
when weakness is human?

Why not teach us to cry
when we’re sad, scared, or hurt?
Why hit me for coming home late
when I was happy?

Why make me fear being away
and anxious about being at home?
Why say everywhere is unsafe?
Why say anything is scary?

Ever wonder why I get sick whenever I need to go out?
Why I am always sick?
Why are you mad when I’m sick?
Ever think I’m tired of being sick?

You should’ve let me cry when I welled up.
Let me sob when I teared up.
Let me weep when I sniffled.
Let me be sad.

Now that I want to bawl, howl, wail
I can’t.
All these dark clouds and thunder rolls.
How will a bow appear if it never rains?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i hope this message finds you well

Sixth Month

Pisces