Pisces
Without fences,
without alarms,
with my diopters on the moon
and the other on your becoming.
without alarms,
with my diopters on the moon
and the other on your becoming.
I’ve been walking longer,
you’re walking faster.
I reached this version of myself
a little earlier than you will.
I could warn you and steer the boat.
I could tell you where the storms live.
But love, the kind I carry,
knows when to loosen its grip.
I could tell you where the storms live.
But love, the kind I carry,
knows when to loosen its grip.
So, I say, go.
Touch the fire.
Miss the rain.
Fall too fast.
Do what you must do.
Do what you have to experience.
I won’t interrupt your lessons
with my conclusions.
Touch the fire.
Miss the rain.
Fall too fast.
Do what you must do.
Do what you have to experience.
I won’t interrupt your lessons
with my conclusions.
I won’t turn your mistakes
into my fears.
I will be here, quiet as water,
patient as age.
into my fears.
I will be here, quiet as water,
patient as age.
I might be forgetful,
but I do stay.
And if you choose to let me go,
I will return to deeper waters.
but I do stay.
And if you choose to let me go,
I will return to deeper waters.
Comments
Post a Comment