To the One Who Laughed

I remember that day.
I was scared, but I showed up anyway.
Heart pounding, voice shaking,
but still, I stood there.
Then you laughed.
And for a moment, I thought,
maybe I looked stupid.

Maybe I shouldn’t have tried.
Maybe you were right.
But no.
You laughed
because you didn’t understand
what it takes to be brave
when everything inside you says run.

You laughed
not because I was weak,
but because you couldn’t imagine
being strong in the way I was.

See, it’s easy to laugh
when you’ve never had to fight
your own doubts,
or speak when your voice
feels like it’s about to break.

But it takes something deeper
to face fear and still say,
"I’m here."
So laugh if you need to.
Mock what you don’t understand.

But know this:
The one who laughs
at someone’s courage isn’t strong.
They’re just loud.
And maybe,
just maybe—
they need to learn
what strength really looks like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i hope this message finds you well

Sixth Month

Pisces